With so much history in the midst of the growing Unionville community, the details of the proposed York Downs Golf & Country Club redevelopment are of interest to many residents. At the end of January 2017, 'Sixteenth Land Holdings Inc.' the developer group representing the builders for the YDGCC lands, held an information session, presenting their initial proposal details.
Some highlights of the presentation include:
- Total property size = 417 acres, with 311 being available for development, the balance is green space
- Development to be split into 3 stages of "East and West" plans, on each side of the north-to-south green space divide
- Development includes everything from 70' single lots to high and low-rise residential, and a small portion for mixed-use commercial
- Residential Units proposed: West = 1,164, East = 1,257, for a total of 2,421 residential units
- Density of this proposal is approx 19.2 units / hectare - compared to Angus Glen at 16.7/ha, Upper Unionville at 20/ha
- Plan includes 5 'gateway' access points to Kennedy Road and 16th Ave, three of which closely align to some of the existing YDGCC roadways and access
- One transit loop through the community is proposed
- One Elementary school is proposed
For more details on the York Downs development proposal , a PDF of the slideshow presentation is available here.